- A Tumble Finish
- A Flat Shape
- 9mm Width
- A 3mm Wide Off-Center Dinosaur Bone Inlay (Pictured with Black Dinosaur Bone)
- A 3mm Wide Off-Center Gibeon Meteorite Inlay
- A 1mm Wide Center Turquoise
Kuro Damascus Steel rings are made by hand, mimicking ancient blacksmithing techniques. Using two alternating types of stainless steel, 304 and 316, master craftsman heat, bond, twist and fold the metal layers together to produce dramatic patterns. After patterning the metal, there can be up to 100 layers in each piece of finished Damascus Steel. Each Damascus Steel ring is unique – no two designs will look exactly alike.
Gibeon Meteorite features a distinct crystalline structure on its surface, a pattern found only in diamonds and gemstones. This visible crystal structure, or Widmanstätten pattern, was caused by extremely slow cooling of the material in space.
The Widmanstätten pattern will vary slightly between pieces, as will the presence of inclusions. Inclusions are dark spots or tiny holes on the surface of the meteorite that are often traces of metals that, in some cases, do not occur naturally on earth. These inclusions are an important clue to the meteorite’s origin and are identifiers of its authenticity.
Our Dinosaur Bone inlays are made from 100% Authentic crushed Dinosaur Bone Fossils that are sealed into place on the ring. We have three color tones of Dinosaur Bone to choose from; Red, Tan or Black.
- Our Acid or Tumble Finished Damascus Steel is grey, not black in color. Click here to learn more.
- The acid used in the acid wash Damascus can only penetrate a small way into the Damascus so it will fade over time to a dull polish finish. The finish is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be restored at any time to a like new finish.
- Damascus Steel is a hand-forged and folded metal, so the pattern lines will vary from ring to ring.