- A Satin Finish
- A Flat Shape with Beveled Edges
- Pictured with 8mm Width
- A Milled Celtic Design Inlay with a Silver Finish
- An Anodized Inlay (Pictured with Blue Anodizing)
In its natural state, Zirconium is a silver-grey color. It earns its stark black appearance through a heating process, in which a layer of hard black oxide grows on the metal. This black layer is much harder than raw Zirconium, but it is very thin. Unlike oxidized silver and black rhodium, this layer does not rub off over time. It is also more durable than black-coated rings, such as black titanium and black tungsten. While this oxidized layer is dark, it is not pure black. Depending on the lighting it is seen in and what it is compared to, it can appear to vary in color.
We can also change the Celtic Pattern in this band. Please see our available patterns here. If you would like to change the pattern, please send us a message or custom ring request and we would be happy to help!
- Black Zirconium is the darkest metal available; however, it is not pure black and in some lighting it can appear to be dark grey. Click here to learn more about black zirconium.
- Anodizing can fade over time or even change colors based on the environment it is used in. There is no way to predict when or if this will happen; however, the anodizing is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be refinished
- If you later decide you would prefer to switch to Cerakote, which is more durable but has a matte finish, instead of anodizing we can do that at any time for no additional cost.