Black Zirconium rings get their signature color in a process different than anodizing. It is an extremely hard, smooth, and inert coating. Zirconium is slightly heavier than titanium, but is less than stainless steel. It is chemically similar to titanium.
-Benefits of Black Zirconium
1. Black Zirconium is hypo-allergenic and will not irritate or cause discoloration to the skin.
2. Black Zirconium is much more durable than precious metals. This means that your ring won't dent or ding like Gold or Platinum will.
3. Black Zirconium are very light weight. Black Zirconium is about 1/4 the weight of steel, yet much stronger.
This ring comes with a comfort-fit inside the ring, which means that the center of the ring is true to size and gets slightly larger toward the edges of the ring. The comfort fit makes it easier to get the ring on and off, and fits more comfortably on the finger. Keeping that in mind, if you were sized based on standard fit rings some people like to order their ring slightly smaller than their ring size (normally a quarter size smaller), if they like their rings to be snug on their finger.
- Our Acid or Tumble Finished Damascus Steel is grey, not black in color. Click here to learn more.
- The acid used in the acid wash Damascus can only penetrate a small way into the Damascus so it will fade over time to a dull polish finish. The finish is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be restored at any time to a like new finish.
- Damascus Steel is a hand-forged and folded metal, so the pattern lines will vary from ring to ring.
- Black Zirconium is the darkest metal available; however, it is not pure black and in some lighting it can appear to be dark grey. Click here to learn more about black zirconium.
*We include a FREE Silicone Ring with orders sizes 4-13, to use during those times that you need something a little less formal, or for those times that require a softer ring.