Copper Info and Maintenance
Copper is an attractive and affordable alternative to Rose Gold; however, unlike Rose Gold it can tarnish and even turn your skin green. If you are willing to put a little more effort into the care of your ring these issues can be minimized.
How to Clean Copper
- The simplest way to clean copper is to use a mixture of 3 parts lemon juice with 1 part salt.
- Mix the lemon and salt together until all of the salt has dissolved.
- Dip a sponge into the mixture and rub vigorously on only the tarnished copper, avoid any other metals used on your ring. Most the time this is all it takes to remove copper tarnishing.
- If the tarnish is stubborn, add one part white vinegar to the mixture and try again. Make a final pass with the cleaning mixture over the copper being careful not to touch the copper with your bare skin.
- Rinse the copper thoroughly.
- Apply a coating of car or jewelry wax to the just the copper, again avoiding the other metals in your ring. The wax will not only help keep the copper from tarnishing, but it will also creates a barrier that helps keep the copper from turning your finger green.
Our Lifetime Warranty covers the copper on your ring as well as any other finishes. If you ever want us to refinish your ring and getting it looking like new again email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on how to send it back to us.
Upgrade to Rose Gold
If at any time you decide that copper is too much maintenance please email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to provide instructions on how to upgrade your ring to Rose Gold.