Damascus Steel Ring with Gibeon Meteorite Inlay and Interior Anodized Titanium Sleeve Custom Made Band
- A Dull Polish Finish
- A Domed Shape
- 8mm Width
- A 3mm Wide Center Gibeon Meteorite Inlay
- An Interior Anodized Titanium Sleeve (Pictured with Blue Anodizing)
This ring comes with a comfort-fit inside the ring, which means that the center of the ring is true to size and gets slightly larger toward the edges of the ring. The comfort fit makes it easier to get the ring on and off, and fits more comfortably on the finger. Keeping that in mind, some people like to order their ring slightly smaller than their ring size (normally a quarter size smaller), if they like their rings to be snug on their finger.
Damascus Steel rings are made by hand, mimicking ancient blacksmithing techniques. Using two alternating types of stainless steel, AEB-L and 302, master craftsman heat, bond, twist and fold the metal layers together to produce vivid patterns. After patterning the metal, there can be up to 100 layers in each piece of finished Damascus Steel. Each Damascus Steel ring is unique – no two designs will look exactly alike.
Gibeon Meteorite features a distinct crystalline structure on its surface, a pattern found only in diamonds and gemstones. This visible crystal structure, or Widmanstätten pattern, was caused by extremely slow cooling of the material in space.
The Widmanstätten pattern will vary slightly between pieces, as will the presence of inclusions. Inclusions are dark spots or tiny holes on the surface of the meteorite that are often traces of metals that, in some cases, do not occur naturally on earth. These inclusions are an important clue to the meteorite’s origin and are identifiers of its authenticity.
- Our Acid or Tumble Finished Damascus Steel is grey, not black in color. Click here to learn more.
- The acid used in the acid wash Damascus can only penetrate a small way into the Damascus so it will fade over time to a dull polish finish. The finish is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be restored at any time to a like new finish.
- Damascus Steel is a hand-forged and folded metal, so the pattern lines will vary from ring to ring.
- Anodizing can fade over time or even change colors based on the environment it is used in. There is no way to predict when or if this will happen; however, the anodizing is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be refinished
- If you later decide you would prefer to switch to Cerakote, which is more durable but has a matte finish, instead of anodizing we can do that at any time for no additional cost.