Damascus steel is an ancient art form. This blacksmith alloy is made using two types of Surgical and Fine Stainless steel that are layered in 100 alternating layers and then worked. It is then twisted and folded to make different patterns. It was used in Japan originally to make blades for knifes and swords.
This ring comes with a comfort-fit inside the ring, which means that the center of the ring is true to size and gets slightly larger toward the edges of the ring. The comfort fit makes it easier to get the ring on and off, and fits more comfortably on the finger. Keeping that in mind, some people like to order their ring slightly smaller than their ring size (normally a quarter size smaller), if they like their rings to be snug on their finger.
- Our Acid or Tumble Finished Damascus Steel is grey, not black in color. Click here to learn more.
- The acid used in the acid wash Damascus can only penetrate a small way into the Damascus so it will fade over time to a dull polish finish. The finish is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be restored at any time to a like new finish.
- Damascus Steel is a hand-forged and folded metal, so the pattern lines will vary from ring to ring.
- Anodizing can fade over time or even change colors based on the environment it is used in. There is no way to predict when or if this will happen; however, the anodizing is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be refinished
- If you later decide you would prefer to switch to Cerakote, which is more durable but has a matte finish, instead of anodizing we can do that at any time for no additional cost.