- A Polish Finish
- A Domed Shape
- 9mm Width
- A 3mm Wide Off-Center Cobalt Chrome Inlay with a Polish Finish
- An Interior Hardwood Sleeve (Pictured with Cocobollo Hardwood)
Kuro Damascus Steel rings are made by hand, mimicking ancient blacksmithing techniques. Using two alternating types of stainless steel, 304 and 316, master craftsman heat, bond, twist and fold the metal layers together to produce dramatic patterns. After patterning the metal, there can be up to 100 layers in each piece of finished Damascus Steel. Each Damascus Steel ring is unique – no two designs will look exactly alike.
Cobalt Chrome is often used specifically for its strength in applications with high temperatures, such as jet engine turbines. It is also a hypoallergenic metal, and often used in orthopedic applications and cardiovascular stents. The metal has the heft of gold and the look of rhodium plated platinum, while being many times harder and more durable than both.
Each piece of hardwood varies slightly in character, color, and grain pattern, ensuring every wood ring is truly one of a kind. Wood’s raw, organic nature and inherent beauty is both rustic and refined. Its rich origin and exclusive markings speak to its distinctness amongst traditional metal wedding bands.
- Our Acid or Tumble Finished Damascus Steel is grey, not black in color. Click here to learn more.
- The acid used in the acid wash Damascus can only penetrate a small way into the Damascus so it will fade over time to a dull polish finish. The finish is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be restored at any time to a like new finish.
- Damascus Steel is a hand-forged and folded metal, so the pattern lines will vary from ring to ring.