Black Zirconium Ring with Gibeon Meteorite and Dinosaur Bone Inlays and Interior Hardwood Sleeve Custom Made Band
- A Satin Finish
- A Flat Shape
- 9mm Width
- A 3mm Wide Gibeon Meteorite Inlay
- A 3mm Wide Dinosaur Bone Inlay (Pictured with Black Dinosaur Bone)
- An Interior Hardwood Sleeve (Pictured with Blueberry Hardwood)
This ring comes with a comfort-fit inside the ring.
In its natural state, Zirconium is a silver-grey color. It earns its stark black appearance through a heating process, in which a layer of hard black oxide grows on the metal. This black layer is much harder than raw Zirconium, but it is very thin. Unlike oxidized silver and black rhodium, this layer does not rub off over time. It is also more durable than black-coated rings, such as black titanium and black tungsten. While this oxidized layer is dark, it is not pure black. Depending on the lighting it is seen in and what it is compared to, it can appear to vary in color.
Gibeon Meteorite features a distinct crystalline structure on its surface, a pattern found only in diamonds and gemstones. This visible crystal structure, or Widmanstätten pattern, was caused by extremely slow cooling of the material in space.
The Widmanstätten pattern will vary slightly between pieces, as will the presence of inclusions. Inclusions are dark spots or tiny holes on the surface of the meteorite that are often traces of metals that, in some cases, do not occur naturally on earth. These inclusions are an important clue to the meteorite’s origin and are identifiers of its authenticity.
Each piece of hardwood varies slightly in character, color, and grain pattern, ensuring every wood ring is truly one of a kind. Wood’s raw, organic nature and inherent beauty is both rustic and refined. Its rich origin and exclusive markings speak to its distinctness amongst traditional metal wedding bands.
Our Dinosaur Bone inlays are made from 100% Authentic crushed Dinosaur Bone Fossils that are sealed into place on the ring. We have three color tones of Dinosaur Bone to choose from; Red, Tan or Black.
Custom Engraving is not available for this ring.
- Black Zirconium is the darkest metal available; however, it is not pure black and in some lighting it can appear to be dark grey. Click here to learn more about black zirconium.
- As wood is a natural material it can vary in pattern, shade, and even color from piece to piece depending on our current supply. This is part of the appeal to wood as it does mean every ring is unique. However, because of this we cannot guarantee a specific shade, color, or pattern within a specfic wood type.