Black Zirconium Ring with Nickel-Wound Guitar String Inlay and Interior Hardwood Sleeve Custom Made Band
- A Satin Finish
- A Flat Shape
- 8mm Width
- A 1mm Wide Off-Center Nickel-Wound Guitar String Inlay
- An Interior Hardwood Sleeve (Pictured with Whiskey Barrel Hardwood)
This ring comes with a comfort-fit inside the ring, which means that the center of the ring is true to size and gets slightly larger toward the edges of the ring. The comfort fit makes it easier to get the ring on and off, and fits more comfortably on the finger. Keeping that in mind, if you were sized based on standard fit rings some people like to order their ring slightly smaller than their ring size (normally a quarter size smaller), if they like their rings to be snug on their finger.
In its natural state, Zirconium is a silver-grey color. It earns its stark black appearance through a heating process, in which a layer of hard black oxide grows on the metal. This black layer is much harder than raw Zirconium, but it is very thin. Unlike oxidized silver and black rhodium, this layer does not rub off over time. It is also more durable than black-coated rings, such as black titanium and black tungsten. While this oxidized layer is dark, it is not pure black. Depending on the lighting it is seen in and what it is compared to, it can appear to vary in color.
Each piece of hardwood varies slightly in character, color, and grain pattern, ensuring every wood ring is truly one of a kind. Wood’s raw, organic nature and inherent beauty is both rustic and refined. Its rich origin and exclusive markings speak to its distinctness amongst traditional metal wedding bands.
Custom Engraving is not available for this ring.
- Black Zirconium is the darkest metal available; however, it is not pure black and in some lighting it can appear to be dark grey. Click here to learn more about black zirconium.
- As wood is a natural material it can vary in pattern, shade, and even color from piece to piece depending on our current supply. This is part of the appeal to wood as it does mean every ring is unique. However, because of this we cannot guarantee a specific shade, color, or pattern within a specific wood type.
- Guitar string is set into an epoxy in order to hold the guitar string in place and protect it. As the guitar string may settle while the epoxy dries, the guitar string may not be perfectly straight within the groove and there will be a small seam between the ends of the guitar string.
*We include a FREE Silicone Ring with orders sizes 4-13, to use during those times that you need something a little less formal, or for those times that require a softer ring.