Black Zirconium and Anodized Etched Superconductor Ring Custom Made Titanium-Niobium and Copper Band
SC010This 8mm Black Zirconium band has a Polish Finish and features a 5mm centered Anodized Blue Etched Superconductor Inlay. Superconductor rings are machined from a single section of Superconductor Cable. Superconductor Cable is made up of many highly conductive Titanium-Niobium Alloy rods, which are then insulated by Copper and formed into a large cable. A cross-section wafer of cable is cut at an angle and made in to a ring. The resulting band has a beautiful pattern that is formed by the layers of the Niobium-Titanium Alloy and Copper crossing through the ring at different points. No two Superconductor rings will look the same, as the resulting patterns will vary based on cable and cut. Each ring is custom made at the time of order.
This ring comes with a beveled interior fit, rather than our standard comfort-fit. This means it fits more similar to a standard fit ring, but does still slide on and off a tiny bit easier than standard fit.
Custom Engraving and Rush Processing are not available for this ring.
- Black Zirconium is the darkest metal available; however, it is not pure black and in some lighting it can appear to be dark grey. Click here to learn more about black zirconium.
- Anodizing can fade over time or even change colors based on the environment it is used in. There is no way to predict when or if this will happen; however, the anodizing is covered by our lifetime warranty and can be refinished
- If you later decide you would prefer to switch to Cerakote, which is more durable but has a matte finish, instead of anodizing we can do that at any time for no additional cost.
- Superconductor is an industrial material, it’s not made specifically for jewelry, so it can have some flaws in it that come out during the etching process. These flaws can vary from small voids in the material to black markings. The industrial nature of superconductor is part of what gives it the rugged appeal that many people enjoy, but it is something to consider when ordering.
- Copper will tarnish over time, but it can be cleaned and polished to get it looking like new. Click here to learn more about maintaining copper.
- Copper can turn your finger green, but proper maintenance can help minimalize or even prevent this.
- If at any time you would like your ring to be refinished and looking like new again we are happy to do this for you and it is covered by our Lifetime Warranty.
Buy with confidence. All of our rings have a Lifetime Warranty.
Most rings are completed within 3 weeks, but some can take longer. Most of our rings are currently not experiencing any delays due to COVID-19, but with how quickly things change, please be aware that delays are a possibility. If you need your ring sooner, add Rush Processing on the Cart page. All rings will come with our standard Logo engraved on the inside of the ring. (Except for rings with wood sleeves) Please note that all monitors are different, and will display colors differently.
See information on fit and sizing as well as all of our policies in our Shop Policies.